LIFE IS SHORT.... - - - live it M-A-D! (la vida es un carnaval)

Friday, November 28, 2008

vertigo: taking me to new heights


i've been on medical leave for two days now. vertigo attack again. this time the doctor has strongly advised me to take some R-E-S-T and drink my medication diligently. quoting him verbatim, 'i'm giving you everything, do your part: rest and fluids.' actually, i was very hesitant to take time off work coz i had a gazillion things to do. my doctor made me feel guilty by going on and on about how we should take care of our body and the repercussions if we don't. the last time i went to see a doctor about the same sickness, she didn't quite explain why i had it in the first place. she just prescribed meds that i ought to take. my newfound doctor explained the root cause of the sickness, i had a lot of fluid in my ears and my tonsils are swollen. i never even noticed these symptoms. anyways, i hope i feel better with all the meds he's prescribed me. i certainly hate waking up feeling like the room is swirling.


**********

last wednesday, i had dinner with uni peeps. we ate at Marche. twas my first time there. just loved the theme! we then headed to brotzeit afterwards. Drew had his 1L mug of german weisbier. the mug was just adorable. you see, i have this thing for beer glasses or mugs & mats. i started collecting them when i lived in poland. i have all kinds of sizes and shapes but..... i don't have any 1L mug yet! now i'm hell bent on adding that to my collection. brotzeit, beware a mug thief is on her way!!!! hehe.




**********

since i was 'resting' today, i decided to cook tuna pasta for lunch. it's been a loooong time since i last cooked pasta (the last was when I still lived in taman jurong). i did my laundry soon after and had a nice long relaxing shower! i really can't shake off the housewifey side of me. since i still had so much time on my hands, i asked my roomies if they wanted to stroll and picnic at east coast. it's literally just across the road from our condo complex. much to my surprise, our landlord had already taken the key for the private gate just right behind our block (we've asked him for months now). without the key, we had to go around the whole stretch of lagoon view and laguna park. this time it was only a 10-min stroll. thanks to clarence for making our east coast park visits so much easier. armed with books, shawls and gadgets we enjoyed the late afternoon picnic-ing by the beach, observing hundreds of NS men marching in the area (while also picking out, in Ruby's vocab, cute "kublai khan" descendents. in layman's term, cute chinese guys) , swapping stories and admiring the beautiful sunset.

**************

despite the vertigo problem... what a beautiful day it has been. i felt rejuvenated.

c'est la vie!


No comments: