LIFE IS SHORT.... - - - live it M-A-D! (la vida es un carnaval)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my Starbucks escapade

I'm finally living out my B-A-R-I-S-T-A dream. Last July, I joined Starbucks - One Fullerton as a part time barista. Whew! It was one tough start. Well, I've never had any odd job experience and we're talking about the F&B industry here. Nonetheless, I am learning a lot of things (and enjoying it).... from mopping the floor, cleaning tables, manning the cash register, to of course making coffee! I also had my share of mishaps and bloopers: I sprinkled whipped cream all over the kitchen and myself, forgot to take the mats in after the night's closing, called out drinks wrongly, forgot orders, and other stupid blunders. Despite these and the fact that I'm measly paid, I still LOVE the job (well, at least for now). At the end of the day, I get that satisfaction I get nowhere else. And thats what matters.

To my amigos and amigas, keep on visiting. =) Come visit my 'third place.'

1 comment:

~k~ said...

you still owe me a FREE mocha frapp with extra chocolate drizzle!