LIFE IS SHORT.... - - - live it M-A-D! (la vida es un carnaval)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

airports and memories


several of my friends & colleagues are flying back home this week. i can't help but reminisce about my own travels; airports to be specific. for some reason, i've always had this strange connection with airports.... goodbyes, hellos, adventures and what not. setting foot on any airport never fails to bring back waves of memories. you see, just everytime i go for a trip something almost always comes up. be it missing a flight (macau episode), immigration hoohas, excess luggage, electronic tickets, exit pass, arrival forms....any misfortune you could ever imagine has happened to me. but these experiences have never discouraged my viajera spirit. every time, i just expect something to happen... though i still try to cover the loopholes in my next travels.

there won't be any travel adventures for me anytime soon (like, till the end of the year). i think i've had enough of my travel fill in April (SG-BKK-Laos-BKK-Manila-Shanghai-Manila-CDO). no more random trips just coz promos abound. this time, i will be a more responsible vagabond (is there such a thing?) and i'm sooo over the backpacker lifestyle. hello 5-star hotels, kontiki tours and the sort. hehe. just kidding, something less gungho will do.

i'm excited to scratch that travel itch again, at the right time though.

2 comments:

~k~ said...

US coast to coast tour!!!

~~kurency~~ said...

haha....WILD and W-I-L-D-E-R!